Friday, January 18, 2013

Roasted Spaghetti Squash

I love spagetti but it's full of carbs and when I eat it...I only have a little and it hardly fills me up. I found the perfect alternate to spagetti, which I'm so excited to share--- Spagetti Squash.

Spaghetti Squash is a winter squash and when you roast it, cut it in half and scrap out the inside, it looks just like spaghetti! Best part...it tastes great and it's very low in calories and carbs. 1 cup of spaghetti squash is only 41 calories and 10 carbs.

Spaghetti Squash



Ingredients:

1 large ripe spaghetti squash
salt and fresh pepper

Directions 

Cut the squash in half lengthwise



scoop out the seeds and fibers with a spoon. Place on a baking sheet, cut side up and sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Bake at 350° about an hour or until the skin gives easily under pressure and the inside is tender. Remove from oven and let it cool 10 minutes.

Using a fork, scrape out the squash flesh a little at a time. It will separate into spaghetti-like strands. Place in a serving dish and serve hot.

You can use the spaghetti squash just like normal spaghetti -- top it with marinara sauce, my skinny pesto, parmesan cheese or just flavor it up with salt and pepper. It's up to you! The great part...you can really eat as much as you want and it will leave you satisfied.


No comments:

Post a Comment