Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Quinoa and Chicken Burritos

Since I work at an elementary school now and don't have time to go get lunch during our break.... I have to come up with filling, healthy meals to get me through the day. This recipe did just the trick! It's filling, it makes a ton and it's easy to make.


Ingredients:
  • 2 cups cooked quinoa
  • 2 cups cooked chicken, diced (grilled, rotisserie, boiled, baked - any kind of chicken). I grilled my chicken.
  • 2 cans Bush’s beans (such as black, kidney, or pinto), drained
  • 2 cups of salsa
  • Salt and pepper to taste (optional to add 1 T. chili pepper and 1 tsp. cumin)
  • Tortillas ( I used wheat)
Directions:

  • In a large bowl combine the cooked quinoa, diced chicken, drained beans, and salsa.
  • Salt and pepper to taste.
  • Fill tortillas with quinoa mixture, depending on the size of the tortilla. Add sour cream or cheese (optional).




No comments:

Post a Comment