Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Summer Cookout Sangria

I'm a  Palos Verdes native and it's nice and cool in that area, but recently I moved to the Valley and it's hot, hot, hot the majority of the time. To keep cool this summer, I decided to try this awesome sangria. What's better than laying out by the pool with a nice, cold sangria? Nothing, that's what...


Summer Cookout Sangria 

Ingredients  
1 small carton of raspberries
1 small carton of strawberries
1 lime
2 apples, granny smith and a braeburn
1 bottle of white wine ( I use Pinot Grigio if I want it sweeter or Sauvignon Blanc if I want it not so sweet) **
1/2 cup of white grape juice
1 can of club soda (you can use tonic water too)**
Mint leaves for garnish
** I also like to add a few shots of Malibu Rum to the mixture to give it an extra kick!

Directions:

Finely dice both the apples and the strawberries and then cut the lime into fairly thick slices.




Layer all of the the different fruits in a tall pitcher. You could use sugar, honey or agave to sweeten it up, if you'd like.

After all of the fruit has been layered, let sit for 10 minutes.


 
Add the white wine to the fruit mixture. Add Malibu Rum at this point too, if you wish.

 
Add the white grape fruit juice and top it all off with the club soda. Place in the refrigerator to chill.


Once the sangría has chilled, bust out your favorite wine glasses. I like a lot of fruit in mine so I am not bashful about digging around for more berries.


Garnish the drink with some fresh mint and serve.

1 comment:

  1. How long can you store it in the refrigerator ? Can I make in an advance of a party ?

    ReplyDelete