Saturday, January 25, 2014

"Fried" Chicken and Waffles

I'll never forget the first time my husband took me to Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles....it was scrumptious. I had the fried chicken and two waffles and ate every piece...it was amazing. I wanted to recreate my own healthy version at home...so I searched for the perfect recipe. I tried this recipe from one of my favorite blogs and it turned out really great. For the waffles I bought the Trader Joes wheat free toaster waffles with pure maple syrup...delicious.



Ingredients:

  • 4 medium skinless chicken breasts 
  • 2 1/2 cups bran flakes
  • 3 tsp kosher salt, less if you are using regular salt
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp paprika
  • 1/2 tsp fresh black pepper
  • 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 5 tbsp light mayonnaise
  • 1 tsp Dijon mustard

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with foil and set a rack above. Spray rack with oil. 

Crush cereal in a food processor or chopper. In a bowl mix crushed cereal with salt, paprika, garlic powder, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Place in a shallow dish or ziplock bag. 

Combine mayonnaise and Dijon mustard. Using a cooking brush, brush onto chicken then coat chicken with crushed cereal mixture. Place chicken on wire rack and spray with oil. Bake 35-40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment